Friday, October 4, 2013

~Simply Pleasures: Apple Cider~

Isn't it the greatest feeling when something you hated becomes something you love? For a long time I hated apple cider, now before you think I'm crazy which I totally am..."all the best people are" you have to understand that my family has only drunk this delicious drink cold. That's right COLD! And apple cider cold, I hated. Only this fall have I found out that you can make a wondrous drink called Hot Cider by warming up your cold cider....duh. And since that great discovery, I haven't been able to stop drinking it. Now I only wish that the 84 degrees out side would turn into sweater weather so that I could really enjoy the fall feeling.
This lovely mug cozy was made by Stephanie



Making: Finishing a custom order retro dress.
Drinking: Hot apple cider
Reading: John Muir's Nature Writings
Wanting: The Poetry of Lucy Maud Montgomery
Playing: Clair de Lune by Steven Sharp Nelson & Perfect Day by Miriam Stockley.
Looking: At Grace's Garden Walk and different inspirational blogs.
Wasting: Time
Sowing: Thankfulness and contentment
Wishing: For more apple cider
Enjoying: Orange chocolate.
Liking:
I'm watching the green give into gold
As summer becomes October's cold
Gravity begs
For one final kiss
She drops it to him, as she gives in

....
As she falls I try to catch her
For one last touch of warmth from summer
As one thing leaves to becomes another again
I remember when
....
The days were warm and we wore them like skin
Now I feel the effects of October again
...
I'm watching the green give in to gold
As summer becomes Octobers cold
Summer Again - The Afters
Wondering: If I'll ever travel the world.
Loving: Defining quotes
Marveling: At how God made me
Smelling: The pizza that's being made for dinner.
Wearing: Blue jeans, boots and a green button down.
Noticing: How 84 degrees out does not feel like fall.
Knowing: "We all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Opening: New books.
Feeling: Fall is here, despite the heat.

What has been keeping you occupied this fine fall day?
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment