Friday, July 4, 2014

Stagnant




I have the feeling of being a stagnant pool,
watching life go on around me.
Waiting for some pebble
that never drops,
to spread ripples along my surface.
Don’t get me wrong,
I’m not unhappy,
I just feel that there
should be more to life then this…
I don’t know what.
I look back and I can’t say
I’ve accomplished much of anything.
I am not well know and have few friends.
I know I’m young,
but I am so aware of my life slipping away,
day by day.
Change affects me slowly and in small ways.
I can hardly perceive it,
waiting seems all I can do.
So I wait….for life.

1 comment:

  1. This poem is so beautiful! Just wanted to say, I've had an extremely similar feeling of stagnancy, especially in the last year. So it's comforting to see someone else describe it so precisely. :)

    ReplyDelete