Thursday, April 12, 2012

So tomorrow is the ball, so excited! Not going to get a wink of sleep. My gloves arrived today just in time to keep me from freaking out (they were supposed to be here Wednesday). So my costume is complete. Tomorrow I'll be doing my hair as well as some friend's hair. We'll see how that turns out. *Wink*
I just finished The Neverending Story by was published more than three decades ago and is the cutest story I've read in a long time.
So any how here is some eye candy for ya:


Evening Dress
Paul Poiret, 1912-1914
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Evening Dress
Jean-Philippe Worth, 1909-1911
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Ensemble
1912-1915
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Suit 1911-1913
The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I think that last two are going on my to-sew list, it is so cute!
I'll be posting pictures of the ball in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful dresses! There are many times I wish women still dressed as they used to.

    http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete